Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years resolutions...

I decided rather than try to play catch-up, I would just start from this point forward.
Kierstin has decided (and maybe sometimes Laura too) that she/they would help me
keep up with the blog postings. I'm hoping to post once a week- maybe once every two
weeks. I'm trying to be realistic here people! I guess one of my resolutions this year is
to be a better blogger. I do take lots and lots of pictures, but don't write much about our
lives. I think it's good to have both for memory-sake.
I hope you all had a nice New Year's celebration. We just stayed home (me, John and Laura) and watched football and movies. Kierstin was at a lock-in at our church and didn't sleep more than an hour or so. She was pretty useless New Year's day and slept all of it away. I'm trying to get over a sinus infection (haven't had one in a long time, so I can't complain too much.) I sat my butt on the couch and watched these movies: Million Dollar Baby (liked it), Cinderella Man (liked it), A Beautiful Mind (loved it), I Spy (loved it) and something else, but I forget what it was.
I guess a new source of entertainment for us lately has been our oldest boxer Sasha. She has an ulcer in her eye and the vet put a stitch in it using one of her other eyelids to help it heal. She has to wear one of those Elizabethan collars ( I call it having a bucket on her head). She's running into everything and when she tries to pass under the kitchen table, she ends up dragging the chairs along with her and then trapping herself. I do feel bad for her, but it's so hard not to laugh. I do take if off sometimes to give her a break, but the minute she starts to rub her eye with her paw, back on the torture device goes. The cats are freaked out by it pretty much. Duchess (other boxer) is missing her being able to run around and play like they used to. It's only for a week, so she's slowly but surely coming to the end of it. I'll have to have the girls get some pics of it. My nice camera that I've had for 3 years spit out the fatal E18 error that John says 1 in 1000 Canon cameras get. Lucky me. You know, where it will cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. Yeah, pretty much sucks... My mom got me Photoshop Elements 7 for Christmas and I'm dying to start using it with new pictures, but will have to wait till I get a new camera. I've started messing around with some older pics I have, so that will keep me busy for awhile...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to blog land!!! We missed you!!
    Sounds like a pretty good day watching movies. Love ya, Judi

    ReplyDelete